Spicy Vegan Beef Tacos Recipe
Did somebody say spicy, tasty, vegan, ‘ground beef’ tacos?! It’s an absolute YES from us! We adore these plant-based, scrumptious spicy vegan beef tacos as weekend food or game day chow, and especially love them for entertaining guests.
Tacos are one of those delightful, flavorful foods that make for totally hands-on, build-your-own-food, fun. Vegan tacos are kinda like a guilt-free party in your plate. With a pretty much limitless amount of filling and topping combinations, there’s always an excuse to reach out for just one more. No two tacos need be the same!
Today our tasty tacos are beautifully beefy, using our oh-so-versatile vegan ground beef recipe as the star. To that we add savoury, aromatic Mexican-meets-South-African-style yellow rice, a dollop of gorgeous guacamole, a little bit of salsa, slices of pickled jalapeños, and sprinkles of freshly chopped cilantro. Of course you can also add another tablespoon or two of fresh chili if your tastebuds are that way inclined. In our books there is not such thing as too much spice!
Alternative complementary fillings that would just rock these tacos are pickled gherkins, kidney beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, avo slices, vegan cheese… you get the idea!
Spicy Vegan Beef Tacos
Here’s how we made these spicy vegan beef tacos!
- Make this delicious vegan, umami, beefless ground beef using cremini / baby portabello mushrooms, onions, garlic and fresh italian parsley.
- Prepare your savory, yellow rice. Cook two cups of rice in a pot of boiling water to which salt, pepper, vegan chicken stock, and a teaspoon of turmeric have been added. While that boils, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, using it to sauté one chopped onion, two minced cloves of garlic and a chopped green bell pepper. Sprinkle a teaspoon of chili powder and cumin each, plus a quarter to half of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you like it spicy. Just before rice is ready, add an optional 1/2 cup of frozen peas, cubed carrot, and corn each to the skillet. Stir well, heating through, and finally, add rice. Mix nicely to combine veggies and coat rice with flavors. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside, keeping warm.
- Preheat your oven for your tacos as per taco shell packaging instructions.
- Prepare your guacamole by peeling and mashing up one or two ripe avocados with a fork, adding the juice of 1/2 a lime or lemon, followed by salt and pepper to taste. If you’re feeling fancy, stir in a tablespoon of finely chopped, fresh cilantro, and a teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare your salsa by scooping it out of your fave ready made bottle ? or make your own. Simply dice two parts tomato to one part onion (red onion is delish here), as much chili as you can handle, a teaspoon of sugar, two or three tablespoons of white vinegar, salt, pepper and, if you like, a little more of that fresh cilantro.
- Prepare small bowls of toppings. We served our tacos with with bowls of chopped cilantro, freshly chopped chili, and slices of pickled jalepeno.
- Heat your taco shells by as per instructions on the packaging, and serve. Your spicy vegan beef tacos are ready!
Spicy Vegan Beef Tacos Recipe
- Vegan ground beef. Get recipe: http://www.swoontastic.com/how-to-make-vegan-ground-beef/
- 2 cups white rice
- Vegan chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 chopped and seeded green bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen cubed carrots
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of ½ lime or lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chili
- 1 teaspoon sugar,
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Optional fresh cilantro
- Chopped cilantro
- Freshly chopped red chili
- Slices of pickled jalepeno
- Slices of pickled jalapeños
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Taco Shells
- Make beefless ground beef using cremini mushrooms, onions, garlic and fresh italian parsley. Full recipe: http://www.swoontastic.com/how-to-make-vegan-ground-beef/
- Cook rice in a pot of boiling water with salt, pepper, vegan chicken stock, and turmeric.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sauté onion, minced garlic and green bell pepper.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, and optional cayenne pepper.
- Add an optional peas, carrot, and corn to the skillet.
- Heat through, and finally, add rice when cooked.
- Mix well to combine veggies and coat rice with flavors.
- Season with salt and pepper, and set aside, keeping warm.
- Follow instructions on taco packaging.
- Mashing avocados, add lime or lemon juice, followed by salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Stir in cilantro, and minced garlic.
- Dice tomato and onion.
- Combine in bowl with chili, sugar, white vinegar, salt, pepper and optional fresh cilantro.
- We served our tacos with with chopped cilantro, freshly chopped chili, and slices of pickled jalepeno.